Maramures has a lot to offer, so you might be interested in spending more than one day here. I have prepared itineraries from 1 to 5 days in Maramures, but the choice is yours and I will customize the tour in order to highlight the best for you!
This is an example of a 1 day tour. You can choose this one or you can tell me what are your touristic interests and I will prepare a tailored program according to your requests.
Touristic Program in Historical Maramures
Route length – 1 day
Leaving Baia Mare
- Șurdești – village Șurdești – visit the wooden church – „St. Arh. Mihail and Gavril” UNESCO Heritage – built in 1721 – the highest oldest wooden church in Europe 72 m.
- Cavnic – town – 600-700 m high –„The Tatars Obelisk” – 1717 – the point where the last Tatar invasion was stopped.
- Budești – visit the wooden church “Josani” where the Armour of Pintea The Brave, the Outlaw and a beautiful collection of old icons are located.
- The village of Sârbi or the village of Călineşti – visit the water-powered installations: traditional whirlpool and at the place where villagers make their traditional drink called „Horinca”
- Sighetu Marmației - traditional lunch at Casa Iurca de Călinești
- Sighetu Marmației – visit „The Memorial of the Victims of Communism and of the Resistance”
- Săpânța – visit the Merry Cemetery
- return to Baia Mare
|Prices and Information about Touristic Programs Maramures, Romania :|
|Guidance Fee:||Price varies with group size and tour. Please send e-mail for more details at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Transportation:||Included for groups up to 7 persons. Your own transportation for groups bigger than 7 persons.|
|Duration:||Duration varies; depending on tour|
|Group Size:||1 to 50 (price varies with group size)|
|Entrance fees at museums and other touristic sights||NO|
|Hotel pick-up/drop off :||YES|
|English speaking private guide:||YES|
|Tours must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date:||YES|
|Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking :||YES|
|Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated :||YES|
|Meals for the guide will be paid by the client:||YES|
|*For routes longer than one day, there is an extra cost for accommodation and meals for the guide which will be paid by the client.||YES|